“Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return” (Quran, 2:156).
The Islamic Funeral Society (IFS) is a partnership of all mosques in Edmonton and follows the guidelines of the Alberta Funeral Service Regulatory Board. IFS is dedicated to offering families funeral and burial services according to Islamic tradition. Advanced funeral planning and a Muslim private cemetery are available to the Muslim community in Edmonton and area. Al Rashid staff and volunteers offer comforting and supportive funeral services.
CLICK HERE OUT MORE ABOUT THE GUIDELINES FOR FAMILIES OF THE DECEASED
Weekdays (9 AM – 4 PM)
Phone: (780) 451-6694 ext. 201
Evenings & Weekends
Sister Hala: (780) 893-3434
Sister Anisa: (780) 445-0992
Brother Ghulam: (780) 430-8852
Brother Nazir: (780) 498-1804
Edmonton Muslim Cemetery
The Edmonton Muslim Cemetery is a private cemetery serving the needs of Muslims in Alberta.
25110 – 34 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5Y 6B3
- From Al Rashid Mosque, turn left (west) on 132 Avenue
- Once on 132 Avenue, take your first RIGHT (north) at 113 Street
- Proceed on 113 Street (Castle Downs Road) to 97 Street
- Turn LEFT (north) at 97 Street (HWY 28)
- Continue to HWY 37 and turn RIGHT (east) on HWY 37
- Turn RIGHT (south) at 34 Street and the cemetery is located on the RIGHT (west) of 34 Street.