- Pandemic supports available for small business
- Keeping the supply chain open and moving during COVID-19
- Providing access to food during COVID-19
- New visitor restrictions in all continuing care facilities
- UPDATED*: Supplies headed to provinces in need
- Supporting Albertans during COVID-19
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Canada Emergency Response Benefits
- Prioritizing emergency legislation
- Expanded child care for essential workers
- Taking additional measures to protect Albertans
- Your Guide to Home Learning
- Alberta’s food supply system remains strong
- Apply for Emergency Isolation Support now.
- COVID-19 Pandemic in Alberta update (March 25, 2020)
- How to care for a COVID-19 patient at home (Arabic)
- COVID-19 Update – Additional financial support for Albertans and employers
- COVID-19: Protect Your Home
- More than Just a Bad Day: Understanding and Supporting Youth with Depression.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Established in 1995, Al Rashid Youth Club goal is to unite the Muslim youth of Edmonton and to develop strong leaders, capable of leaving a legacy of compassion, resilience and accomplishment. We hope to encourage and provide youth with the keys to chase their dreams.
The Canadian Islamic Senior Society is a social club that supports seniors within our communities by providing accessible and culturally-relevant programs. The Senior Society is designed to promote the physical, emotional, social and spiritual well-being of seniors and create sustainable partnerships with Canadian seniors-serving organizations in Edmonton.
Al Rashid offers many services for families including marriages, and counselling. Our Imams offer expertise in dealing with family conflicts, marriage counselling, and giving religious advice.
INTERFAITH & TOURS
At Al Rashid, we have had many visitors over the years and have conducted hundreds of guided tours and lectures over the past decades, for both Muslims and Non-Muslims, as part of Al Rashid’s commitment to promote religious and cultural understanding among people from different faiths and backgrounds.
DAWA & OUTREACH
Our Outreach programs organize and offer courses for all ages and groups. Our Dawa initiatives are geared towards Muslims all over Alberta. We also collaborate with large Muslim organizations to support their working in Canada and overseas.
Share your time, skills and energy in making Edmonton and Al Rashid a better place. Your efforts will serve thousands of families and individuals. Training is provided to volunteers when required.
NEW TO ISLAM
This programs offer new Muslims and non-Muslims the opportunity to learn the basics of Islam in a social environment where they get to openly ask questions and connect with community members.
Whether you are a Muslim or want to learn about Islam, this centre offers information about Islam, e-books, and trusted websites that have information about Islam. Find all the information you need.
The Quran Institution was established in September of 2011. Imam Al Shatibi is currently one of the biggest Educational programs at Al Rashid Mosque. Today there are over 600 registered students in part time learning varying between the ages of 7 and 80.
The Islamic Funeral Society (IFS) is a partnership of all mosques in Edmonton and follows the guidelines of the Alberta Funeral Service Regulatory Board. IFS is dedicated to offering families funeral and burial services according to Islamic tradition.
ENDOWMENT & ESTATE GIVING
With the Al Rashid Muslim community you can be assured that your giving will be used to build and support the services and institutions…
ARCA BANQUET FACILITY
This is a beautifully designed banquet hall that is located in the North end with seating capacity for up to 1000 guests.
AREF is an endowment that awards scholarships to Muslim students in Alberta, enabling development of educational potential.