Canadian Islamic Seniors Society
Our Mission: To promote the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being of seniors in Edmonton.
Mandate: We support seniors within our communities via accessible and culturally relevant programs and via sustainable partnerships with Canadian seniors-serving organizations.
Objectives: Socializing, health, and wellness, intellectual and spiritual engagement.
Senior Programs Calendar
september 26, 2021 - october 3, 2021
- jul 04, 2021 - jul 11, 2021
- jul 11, 2021 - jul 18, 2021
- jul 18, 2021 - jul 25, 2021
- jul 25, 2021 - aug 01, 2021
- aug 01, 2021 - aug 08, 2021
- aug 08, 2021 - aug 15, 2021
- aug 15, 2021 - aug 22, 2021
- aug 22, 2021 - aug 29, 2021
- aug 29, 2021 - sep 05, 2021
- sep 05, 2021 - sep 12, 2021
- sep 12, 2021 - sep 19, 2021
- sep 19, 2021 - sep 26, 2021
- sep 26, 2021 - oct 03, 2021
- oct 03, 2021 - oct 10, 2021
- oct 10, 2021 - oct 17, 2021
- oct 17, 2021 - oct 24, 2021
- oct 24, 2021 - oct 31, 2021
- oct 31, 2021 - nov 07, 2021
- nov 07, 2021 - nov 14, 2021
- nov 14, 2021 - nov 21, 2021
- nov 21, 2021 - nov 28, 2021
- nov 28, 2021 - dec 05, 2021
- dec 05, 2021 - dec 12, 2021
- dec 12, 2021 - dec 19, 2021
- dec 19, 2021 - dec 26, 2021
Resources (Seniors’ organizations, services and programs)
- The City of Edmonton: We connect you to community resources that can help deal with things from relationships to elder abuse.
- CoMag: is a senior advocacy initiative established in 2017 by a group of Edmontonians. We aim to explore the options of aging gracefully, connect resources, people & families, support research on seniors and organizations in their efforts to provide programs, & services to seniors.
- CanAge: CanAge is an independent nonprofit advocacy organization that educates, empowers, and mobilizes people on the issues that matter most to older Canadians.
- C.A.R.P: A New Vision of Aging is Canada’s largest advocacy association for older Canadians promoting equitable access to health care, financial security, and freedom from ageism.
- HelpAge Canada: Vision is a world in which all older persons will lead secure, healthy, active, and dignified lives.
- AAG: The Alberta Association on Gerontology (AAG) is a province-wide interdisciplinary organization that seeks to enhance the lives of the aging population through support of persons involved in and concerned with gerontology.
- ACCA: The Alberta Continuing Care Association is a non-profit, voluntary organization representing the providers of continuing care services in Alberta.
- Age friendly Edmonton: Age-Friendly Edmonton addresses the key factors that contribute to healthy, active, creative, aging in Edmonton.
- Alberta Council on Aging: Alberta Council on Aging, for over 53 years, advises local to the federal government about matters relating to the opportunity for full and equal participation of older persons living in Alberta and Canada.
- ASCHA: Alberta Seniors Community Housing Association provides member services and a bold unifying voice to support the providers of seniors and community housing.
- Association for Seniors’ Center: The Alberta Association of Seniors Centre’s mission is to promote visibility, growth, development, expansion, and quality of Seniors Centres in Alberta through supports, services, advocacy, education, training, networking, and resources development.
- Elder Advocates of Alberta Society: Advocates for senior rights, charter rights, constitutional rights, and human rights.
- NESHW: The Covenant Health Network of Excellence in Seniors’ Health and Wellness was launched in 2013 to create capacity and expertise focused on enhanced and more sustainable models of seniors care province-wide.
- Sage: The Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton (Sage) is established are to enhance the quality of life of an older person.
- Seniors housing society of Alberta: The Seniors Housing Society of Alberta (SHSA) is a not-for-profit organization incorporated in 1997 to provide a forum for seniors’ housing providers to share their best practices and explore better delivery options with their peers and all orders of government. Working collaboratively, the living environment for Alberta’s seniors in supportive and assisted living facilities will be enhanced.
- The Shaama Center: The Shaama Center is a dynamic community hub that offers a range of activities and services that enhance the quality of life of seniors, women and their families especially those who are isolated because of social and physical barriers.
|Fajr||5:28 AM||5:48 AM|
|Dhuhr||1:26 PM||1:36 PM|
|Asr||4:35 PM||4:45 PM|
|Maghrib||7:22 PM||7:27 PM|
|Isha||9:14 PM||9:24 PM|