Please submit a resume with a cover letter to HR@alrashidmosque.ca, this is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions. Only candidates considered for the positions will be contacted for an interview.
Al Rashid Mosque – Youth Coordinator
Primary Locations: Al Rashid Mosque
Position Title: Youth Coordinator
Department/Entity: Al Rashid Mosque
Reports to: Office & Program Manager
Status: Part-Time (Flexible)
Objective: To support all youth programming for the Muslim community of Edmonton under the Al Rashid Foundation.
- To support independent youth programs under a foundation.
- To help youth initiate and develop their ideas, projects, programs and activities.
- To coordinate between multiple youth initiatives and communities to create interdependence.
- To provide a safe environment of acceptance and capturing youth with multiple various interests.
- To develop engaging need-specific programming.
- Overall support to assure all youth programs under the foundation is supported in all areas; including, but not limited to resources, marketing, financials, space, expertise, scheduling, etc.
- The candidate must be able to coordinate between youth, youth workers, youth mentors, and youth leaders. The job entails of support, coordination, and facilitation.
- Coordinating and communicating between all initiatives, organizers, and stakeholders.
- Scheduling and booking speakers, space, campgrounds, equipment, transportation, etc.
- Budgeting by determining costs, funding, sponsorship, allocation, & overall financial sustainability.
- Marketing by managing social media presence and communications through relevant avenues.
- Consulting imams, board members, experts to assure Islamic integrity and strategic alignment.
- Managing volunteers and allocating them towards their interests.
- Launching programs: attracting disconnected youth and initiating relevant programming
- Creating schedules, monitors coaches, staff, etc.
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members to ensure efficient operation.
- Excellent communication, organization, supervisory and problem-solving skills
- The ability to pay close attention to details
- The ability to make quick, fair, correct judgments
- The ability to ask for feedback and accept criticism
- The candidate should be relatable and able to work with multiple personalities, age groups, and cultural backgrounds, and people with a variety of experiences.
- Administration tasks: booking speakers, space, campgrounds, equipment, transportation, etc.
- Social media marketing, design (for posters and marketing materials) and website management.
- Communication skills to manage, coordinate, coach various organizers and volunteers.
- Basic finance to understand cost-analysis, funding models, and break-even points.
- Experience coordinating and educational background.
- Excellent Computer Skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Internet & Email
- Ability to prioritize and grasp new ideas and integrating them into desired results
- Organized, goal-oriented, with excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Youth Coordinators often work long hours, which include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Flexible working at a different location within the organization
- Fluent in English & Arabic (written and spoken)
- First Aid is required
Email resumes and cover letters to HR@alrashidmosque.ca
Dhul Al-Hijjah 22
|Fajr||3:51 AM||4:11 AM|
|Dhuhr||1:40 PM||1:50 PM|
|Asr||5:44 PM||5:54 PM|
|Maghrib||9:12 PM||9:17 PM|
|Isha||10:26 PM||10:36 PM|